Title: Honorary Consultant in Old Age Psychiatry, NHCT and Clinical Associate Professor in Old Age Psychiatry, Director of Examinations and Assessments University of Nottingham School of Medicine
Department: Mental Health Services for Older People
Location: City South CMHT, Hazelwood House, Highbury Hospital
Phone: 0115 9555430
Research Interests: Disclosure of diagnosis of dementia, communication skills, selection for medical students and resilience, examination and assessment of undergraduate medical students
Teaching Interests: Communication skills, undergraduate psychiatry, assessment methods
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-6294-4942
Biography: A senior clinician and medical educator, with extensive experience in teaching, training, research and management.
Teaching Summary: Dr Pinner has undertaken a range of teaching related roles in the NHS, at the University of Nottingham, as well as roles in the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
Dr Pinner’s teaching interests include clinical psychiatry, affective disorders in the elderly and dementia care, professionalism and communication skills.
She is module convenor for two modules of the MMedSci in Medical Education: “supervising postgraduate trainees in the modern NHS” and “Practice in Assessment and Feedback”. She is involved in assessment at all levels of the undergraduate medical course including assessment of professionalism
- Selecting medical students for resilience, 2016
- Assessing communication skills competency for psychiatry trainees: An evaluation of the RCPsych assessment pilot, 2015
- An evaluation of patient activities available on an elderly psychiatric ward, 2015
- Driving and dementia: A clinician's guide, 2013
- What should we tell people about dementia?, 2003
- Attitudes of patients with mild dementia and their carers towards disclosure of the diagnosis, 2003
- Use of antipsychotic drugs in older adults. Part I: General considerations and the use of conventional antipsychotic drugs, 2003
- Use of antipsychotic drugs in older adults. Part II: The use of atypical antipsychotic drugs, 2003
- To tell or not to tell: On disclosing the diagnosis of dementia, 2002
- Use of atypical antipsychotic drugs in old age psychiatry, 2002