Title: Involvement Development Manager
Location: Duncan Macmillan House
Phone: 0115 9691300 (ext 11600)
Research Interests: Data in applied healthcare settings; Statistical and quantitative methods; psychometrics; statistical and interactive graphs
Biography: I have been working with data in applied healthcare settings in Nottinghamshire since 2002. I am interested in statistical and quantitative methods, particularly those that are germane for evaluation and research in healthcare settings such as mixed effects and other regression models, and psychometrics, dabbling in other things such as complex survey techniques and cluster analysis as appropriate.
My other great interest is statistical and interactive graphics and data and programming techniques to improve the reporting of routinely collected data within the NHS. I led on the data methodologies for Nottinghamshire Healthcare’s patient feedback website (http://feedback.nottinghamshirehealthcare.nhs.uk/) and I am a keen user of literate programming, R, LaTeX, HTML, Shiny interactive graphics (http://www.rstudio.com/shiny/) and anything else I can get my hands on that allows clinicians, managers, and the public to better understand, access, and explore routinely collected data.
- Web application development with R using Shiny, 2018
- Training probation officers in case formulation for personality disordered offenders, 2016
- Web application development with R using Shiny, 2016
- The role of national policies and mental health care systems in the development of community care and community support: An international analysis, 2015
- Addressing the inverse care law: The role of community paediatric services, 2014
- Longitudinal HCR-20 scores in a high-secure psychiatric hospital, 2014
- Statistics, 2014
- Ward features and stigma experiences of mental health service users in Belgium and England: A replication study, 2013
- Web application development with R using Shiny, 2013
- Experiences of staff managing self-harm algorithmically, 2013